Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.
I don’t have a recipe for you – yet. I do have an incredible-looking menu for which I am salivating in anticipation.
Menu browsing is not-so-secretly one of my favorite pastimes ever. I’ve been known to sit for hours looking at and comparing the menus of different restaurants. So, in lieu of more recipes that you won’t make anyway because your menu is set in stone, here is my Thanksgiving menu. Let the drooling commence.
We recently found ourselves with one bottle of each classic type of sparkling white wine due to a few wonderful coincidences, so my mom had the idea to have a blind taste test of each bottle from the 3 main winemaking European countries to begin the meal. A true stroke of genius, I say. I will, of course, report the results!
A Sparkling Wine Blind Taste Test
- Cava (Spain)
- Champagne (France)
- Prosecco (Italy) <—- my anticipated favorite (duh)
- Spiced & glazed nuts
- Figs stuffed with gorgonzola dolce and walnuts
- Shrimp cocktail
- The bird
- Our hostess’s mother’s stuffing
- Whipped potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Bourbon Praline Pecan topping (my Southern mother’s recipe)
- Lemon French green beans
- Homemade cranberry bread
- Pumpkin-seed-studded corn bread (made by yours truly )
- Sour Cherry Pie
- Pumpkin Tiramisu (mine as well)
6 people. 1 meal. Let’s do this.
What’s on your menu tomorrow?