1. Sometimes, it is okay to quit (if not, perhaps, necessary).
2. Exercise is fun. And gross. Endorphins are funner.
3. It is possible to experience the whole of the emotional spectrum in a very short period of time. A week, even.
4. On that note, I was so jittery with nerves that I’m pretty sure I now know what crack must be like. I don’t recommend it.
5. You really can’t go back in time. I knew that before, but if I couldn’t do it this week after all the wishing/hoping/thinking/praying I did…then it really must be impossible.
6. It is also possible to be homesick at the age of 21 when you really have no reason to be.
7. A handful of chocolate chips can solve a lot of problems.
8. The cliché can come true: you can want something so bad, it actually hurts.